We are excited to announce the Wheaton Hot Cider Hustle 8 Mile & 5K will be happening LIVE on October 31st. We have recreated this run to make it what we believe is the safest individual run you can participate in (click here for a complete list of safety protocols). We also have a virtual option, as well!
Here’s how it works:
1. Register now to secure your spot and we will not charge your card until 2 weeks before the event. If the run is unable to occur at this time you will not be charged. Limited spots available.
2. On event day, we will release each individual runner in a time-trial start. Participants will sign up for an exact start time closer to the event (exact date to be announced).
3. There will be limited touchpoints at this event. All event water will be in sealed water bottles at water stops and all finish line food will be packaged grab-and-go snacks.
4. This is a no mass gathering run. All registration will be done online and packet pick up will pre-event and by mail.
5. All staff will be wearing a mask/facial covering at all times.
6. There will be increased handwashing and hand sanitizer stations throughout the event site and the racecourse.
7. Subject to change, pending local gathering guidelines.
The Wheaton Hot Cider Hustle is a beloved fall tradition. This year the tradition continues as a virtual event. Instead of having a mass gathering event, runners can race the course on their own or run virtually anywhere on a date of their choosing between September 18th – November 8th.
Here’s how it works:
- Register for the Wheaton Hot Cider Hustle Half Marathon, 10K & 5K and on your own, run your favorite course or choose to the official USATF-Certified course.
2. Get your commemorative event gear mailed straight to your door and select a day from September 18th – November 8th to conquer your half marathon, 10K or 5K on your own. Be sure to print your race bib before heading out on your run!
3. If you choose to run the USATF Certified route at Danada Woods Forest Preserve, you can follow the route using Strava and MapMyRun or get turn-by-turn voice directions using RunGo. You can also download and print out the map from the “Course Map” accordion below. If you choose to run the distance virtually on your own on a course of your choosing, use your favorite tracking app or watch to keep track of your finish time.
4. After completing the official race route or running the course on your own, upload your results to the official leader board and share your experience on our event page to get kudos from our online community of fellow runners (we’re all here to support each other)! Be sure to use #HotCiderHustle.
UPCOMING EVENTS YOU MAY LIKE
BY: ALL COMMUNITY EVENTS
Tag your Instagram pics with #hotciderhustle
and we’ll feature them here
Johnny Appleseed would have loved this race.